Name: Matilda Rose Ledger
Date of Birth: October 28, 2005
Parents: Michelle Williams & Heath Ledger
- Matilda was born in Brooklyn, New York
- Actor Jake Gyllenhaal is her godfather
- Her godmother is mom Michelle’s Dawson’s Creek costar, Busy Philipps
- Following the loss of her father in 2008, actors Johnny Depp, Jude Law & Colin Farrell helped to complete his last role in The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus. They also donated their salaries to Matilda after learning that her father’s will had not been updated to include her
- As an early birthday present this year, Matilda’s mama brought home a new puppy. They’ve named their new family member Lucky!
“What situations optimize my parenting? Which really is the most important thing in my world. That’s the question that I’m asking. How do I live my life and work in a way that makes me the best parent I can be? I think it’s the ultimate creative act. If this doesn’t turn out well then there is no success or awards in the world that can make up for it. So I’m always wondering what that balance is, and where it is.” – Michelle, musing about motherhood.
“I’m falling more and more in love with [Matilda], and I think she deserves the bulk of my attention. We’re lucky. I can work. She can go to a good school. There’s a lot there for her. And she can know her dad in so many ways, and so many of his friends who will be able to tell her so many stories. His friends, his family—they were a big part of his life, and they will be a big part of her life.” – Michelle, on her beautiful daughter.