With reports coming out today that Blue Ivy Carter – the first child of R&B royal couple Beyoncé and Jay-Z – left Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City, the world awaits the first baby photo! Reportedly, the family-of-three dodged photographers during their departure earlier this morning. But like lions circling their prey, the paparazzi will be on the hunt for the first image of baby Blue.
Will the paps get the first shot? If so, will the image sell for six figures? Seven figures? Will the Knowles-Carters debut their baby girl on the cover of a magazine and follow in the footsteps of fellow A-listers Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie?
Read on about the top ten most expensive baby photos.
With a reported combined net worth of more than $700 million, the first images of Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s baby could be worth big bucks! “If it’s the picture everyone wants, which is Beyoncé and Jay-Z together with their baby enjoying her for the first time, and it’s exclusive, it could be well over $100,000 for first rights in the U.S., and up to half a million for global rights depending on how long it’s exclusive,” says Gary Morgan, CEO of Splash News, to USA Today.
Here’s a list of top 10 most expensive baby photos to date.
- $11+ million – Knox Leon & Vivienne Marcheline (Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie)
- $6 million – Max & Emme Muñiz (Jennifer Lopez/Marc Anthony)
- $4.1 million – Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt (Brad Pitt /Angelina Jolie)
- $3 million – Levi Alves McConaughey (Matthew McConaughey/Camila Alves)
- $2 million – Dannielynn Birkhead (Anna Nicole Smith/Larry Birkhead)
- $2 million – Pax Thien Jolie-Pitt (Angelina Jolie/Brad Pitt)
- $1.5 million – Max Liron Bratman (Christina Aguilera/Jordan Bratman)
- $1.5 million – Honor Marie Warren (Jessica Alba/Cash Warren)
- $1 million – Harlow Winter Kate Madden (Nicole Richie/Joel Madden)
- $1 million – Maddie Briann Aldridge (Jamie Lynn Spears/Casey Aldridge)
- Honorable mention: Sean Preston Federline (Britney Spears/Kevin Federline) $500,000
- Unknown: Louis Bardo Bullock (Sandra Bullock)
Do you think Blue Ivy will break the record?