From leaving cookies for Santa to decorating the tree, traditions add that extra touch of magic to Christmas. Here are a few of the zulily team’s favorite tried-and-true ways to celebrate with the little ones.
1. Holiday reads. Start off the season with timeless, familiar tales. Get your little bookworm amped up for the holidays with books about Rudolph, Santa and that special Christmas spirit.
2. Deck the halls. Decorate the home with wreaths, place garlands on the front door and set figurines on the tables—cuties love transforming ordinary living spaces into winter wonderlands. After you’re all done, make paper snowflakes with your sweetie to add that extra touch of special to the windows.
3. Sugar and spice. Cookie swaps are a fun, delicious and an oh-so-sweet way to kick-start holiday feasting. Stock up on cookie cutters, presses and rolling pins and don’t forget about materials for beautiful presentation. Start baking with your little chef and you’ll find floury handprints, sugary smiles and plenty of memories.
4. Oh, Christmas tree. Kids love tinsel and garlands, so put them in charge of accenting the greenery. Let them pick out a new ornament each year to create special memories to recount year after year.
5. Singing carols. Bundle up your cutie in the season’s warmest jackets, scarves and mittens. Then set out with a group of loved ones and delight the neighbors with rousing renditions of “The Twelve Days of Christmas” and “Oh Christmas Tree”.
6. Stocking stuffers. Make and decorate stockings with your little elf, and hang up one for each family member. Then, conspire to include an extra present for each person. Shhh, keep it a secret!
There you have it—some of our very favorite ways to rejoice in the holidays. From making merry to creating memories, you and your sweetie will celebrate the best holiday season yet.
zulily offers daily deals for moms, babies and kids. zulily sales launch daily, filled with quality children’s apparel, women’s apparel, toys, infant gear and home decor at an average of over 50% off. Unique finds from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside selections from top brands, giving every mom something new to discover every day. Launched in 2010, zulily has become a shopping destination for millions of moms. zulily is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Reno, Columbus and London.