You may not be able to live like a celebrity, but you can certainly travel like one.
Even celebrities know that summer is the best time to take advantage of warm weather, soak up some rays, and spend sweet quality time with family.
Surprisingly, some of their destinations are more affordable than you may think. Learn how to pack the essentials like a star, dress like a celebrity, and you might catch the paparazzi taking pictures of you.
Hottest Celeb Summer Vacation Destinations
Ah Mexico, you just can’t beat the location and affordability of Mexico. Even Kourtney Kardashian admits that Mexico is the ideal summer getaway to avoid fighting jet-lag, but still, feel like you’re miles away.
If you want to travel like a Kardashian, try heading to Punta Mita in Mexico. Some Airbnb locations are right next to the beach and highly affordable – less than $100 a night.
It’s summer, so the truth is nothing beats the beach. That’s why Miami Beach, Florida might be well-known, but it is still a celebrity’s top spot. The Jonas brothers love frequenting Miami Beach, especially on a yacht.
Fortunately, you don’t need to own a yacht to enjoy the sandy beaches of Miami like the Jonas brothers. Airbnb is yet again the most affordable option, but this time, try a yacht. That’s right you can even find yachts listed on Airbnb. Split the price with a few friends and your ideal vacation easily becomes a reality.
If you’re still feeling beachy (which we know you are), head to Paradise Island in the Bahamas and you might catch Jimmy Fallon there. This spot was featured in the 2001 film, Holiday in the Sun, and is the ideal family getaway.
Resorts are averagely priced, right around $150 a night, and there are endless family fun activities for parents and kids to enjoy. One of Fallon’s favorites is swimming with Dolphins and other sea creatures in Dolphin Cay.
Pack like the stars do
While you’re traveling to your celebrity-inspired destinations, try packing like one as well. There’s no reason why you can’t pamper yourself the way they do. Here are some of the essentials you might try bringing in your carry-on next time:
- Face mask – Chrissy Teigen recommends giving yourself a facial on the plane. It’s a great way to kill time, gives your skin that beautiful, dewey, exotic, glow when you land, and can even prepare your skin for a new climate, especially if it’s a drier one.
- Silk pillowcase (or blanket) – Kim Kardashian knows there’s nothing worse than looking tired after your flight. Do the best you can to catch some luxurious ZZZ’s by packing a pillowcase and blanket, especially silk, for all the best beauty benefits.
- Favorite book – Celebrities like Rosie Huntington are constantly on-the-go. To fight boredom, she makes sure to bring her favorite book such as, Lena Dunham’s book, Not That Kind of Girl.
- Chapstick – Females aren’t the only ones ensuring they look dazzling as ever as they step off the runway. Chris Evans never forgets his chapstick, because if there’s one thing you don’t want on vacation, its chapped lips.
- Sun protection (hat, sunglasses) – After you’ve spent all that time making your skin glowy and fresh, don’t waste it by getting sunburned. Lupita Nyongo says that the key to her beautiful complexion is that she never travels without a hat or sunglasses.
Rock that A-list bikini
The final piece to feel like a star is looking like one. People love to take fashion advice from celebrities. The best part is when their looks are affordable.
Since everyone knows the hottest place to be this summer is the beach, you’ll definitely want to stock up on swimsuits. Several of your favorite celebrities have rocked swimsuits we love for under $150.
Selena Gomez rocked a simple one-piece while in Mexico this summer. The suit is by Krahs Swimwear and only $40. She actually helped launch the new brand while wearing the cute, red swimsuit.
Emily Ratajkowski is yet another fashion icon we love. You’ll find recent pictures on her Instagram featuring a brown string bikini by inamorata. This swimsuit is only $75, so you can feel as sexy as Emily.
And you can’t have a summer bikini list without featuring the beautiful Ashley Graham. Her swim line, Ashley Graham x Swimsuits for All is available to anyone. This summer she sported a red, high-waisted, tasseled, underwire bikini, that’s only $98.
This means whether you’re plus-sized, pear-sized, or petite-sized, there are plenty of celebrity-inspired looks for you to show off this summer.